Do you want to hear more about the Director of Operations (DOO) certification program from someone who has gone through the program?
My guest today is certified DOO Sarah Khan, who has come through our Director of Operations certification program. Sarah has the ability to help people with leadership and business development, and I know you will enjoy her wisdom!
Sarah Khan is an operations strategist and consultant committed to busting the BS in the online service space. Her expertise is in bringing clarity to chaos by helping ex-corporate, visionary women business owners identify and prioritize clear action steps to achieve their goals, while managing all the moving pieces of their business. But her passion lies in rewiring corporate & employee mindset: the myths and “shoulds” of what it means to run a successful online business and the mental and emotional transition of moving from corporate employee to business owner in your own right. Through her grounded, pragmatic approach to business and leadership development, she sees through the FOMO, cuts out the “buts” and holds you accountable to your vision.
Sarah was in corporate for 15 years in the project management and executive coaching space, and then transitioned to higher education. When she became a mother, she was laid off, then laid off again after she had her second child. This made her want to rethink her devotion to her corporate career, but she didn’t consider entrepreneurship. She started dabbling in the online space as a VA, pivoted into the OBM space, and eventually made her way into the DOO certification program.
“When I quit my day job… it was terrifying, but a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders.” – Sarah Khan
What was your experience with the DOO certification program?
- She is a certification “collector”
- She was intrigued with the vetting process, and the fact that not everyone was accepted
- The program was set up to understand the various aspects of business, plus the skills to integrate them
- It gave you the skills, and all kinds of different options on how you could step into them
- The community aspect was phenomenal and life-changing
- It was so interesting to see how each of the coaches were running their businesses
“I could finally be free to just be me…there was no one telling me how I had to fit in this box.” – Sarah Khan
“There is no copy and paste option.” – Natalie Gingrich
Where are you today in your business?
- Strategic Mapping™ helped her step into her love of strategy
- Rediscovered her love of HR from the perspective of developing teams and leaders
- Was an executive coach in corporate, and has now found a space for this skill set in this new iteration of her business
- One of the reasons she was compelled to go all in on this certification was because she saw results every week by doing the work
“You can start to connect the dots… between all of the different experiences and skill sets you have and can finally bring them together in a cohesive model.” – Sarah Khan
“Sometimes you need that external validation before you feel comfortable validating yourself.” – Sarah Khan
Interested in the DOO certification program? Fill out an application.
Connect with Sarah
Join the Ops Insiders Facebook Community:
Other Ways to Connect with Me: