How does your physical health make you a better entrepreneur? Do you pay attention to what your body is telling you as you are busy growing your business?
Subscribe to the podcast here
Get to know the business pathway which is best for you! We have a quiz that is spectacular for helping you gain this clarity. Find out what kind of business model is best for you.
Tanessa Shears is going to help us get some clarity on building a legacy lifestyle, and how to do it from a wellness perspective.
Tanessa Shears is a health consultant and host of the Becoming Limitless podcast. She helps entrepreneurs scale their business by optimizing their health, focus & productivity with science and biohacking. Her passion is working closely with business owners to implement effective sleep, nutrition, work flow and stress management strategies to eliminate brain fog and help them get more done in 8 hours than most people can get done in a week. She does this by optimizing the performance capacity of your body & brain so you can produce more meaningful, impactful work output and scale your business faster.
What is biohacking?
- A good synonym for biohacking is health optimization
- Making changes to your internal and external environment so you can have more energy, focus, wellness, and longevity
- Always looking for ROI on the energy and time we put in
3 Ways We Can Upgrade Our Brain Performance
- What is going on with your sleep?
- There are processes that go on while we sleep that make us better entrepreneurs
- If our brain doesn’t get good dream sleep we are:
- Less creative
- More emotional
- Less able to think of out-of-the-box solutions
- Follow your natural circadian rhythm:
- Your body has a certain time when it gets certain hormones
- Be as consistent as possible with wake up/bed times
- This will help you avoid that 2pm energy slump
- When we look at the food intake we are consuming, this can have a severe impact on our energy
- When you have a carb dense meal it spikes your insulin, and sets you up for a crash
- Keep breakfast and lunches low carb/high vegetable/high fat, and save your carbs for the evening
- Check yourself 1-3 hours after lunch. Are you feeling any unwanted symptoms such as being hungry again, brain fog, stomach aches, bloating?
Managing Stress and Energy
- Entrepreneurs have no time or ability to turn off their brains
- We think we are turning off, but we are still scrolling when we are relaxing, which is not recharging
- It doesn’t have to do with the activity you are doing, it has to do with your brain
- We want to be in a brainwave state called “beta” where you are alert and focused
- We also need to spend time in a brainwave state called “alpha” where you are relaxed, laid back, and can unload
“There is no ease in the life of someone who is always doing. If you want a sustainable business, you need to have a sustainable brain that will take you there.” – Tanessa Shears
Is there an amount of time we should shift into alpha?
- We all have a perfect ration of being vs. doing
- When you start to get tension in your neck, shallow breathing, anxiousness, tight chest, you know that you aren’t making enough time for being
- Two strategies:
- Quick body scan: where is your tension? What doesn’t feel right? Relax it out and remind yourself that you are safe
- App called BrainFM, which is like having a remote control for your brain state. It syncs your brain with alpha brain waves within music
“This work is incredibly impactful in helping women get to the visionary state that we have for ourselves.” – Natalie Gingrich
Weekly Ops Activity
The next time you are sitting at your desk, do a body scan and see where you are holding your tension. Share it with us in the Facebook group!
Connect with Tanessa:
Becoming Limitless Podcast
12 Ways To Biohack Your Energy (Free PDF)
Subscribe on your favorite podcast app.
Join the Ops Insiders Facebook Community:
Other Ways to Connect with Me:
Private Facebook Community
Share with your biz bestie