Do you have a mentor? Someone who has helped you transform your business in a way you never thought possible?
Today, I’m speaking with one of the most instrumental people in my journey as a business owner. She has changed my family trajectory and given me the blessing of leading a business in a really organic way. Kelly Roach is a mentor and friend who has been a strong force in my six year business journey.
Kelly is the CEO of one of just a handful of 8-figure, female-founded companies in the online space.
- She believes that leaders need to encourage people to do deep reflection about why they have been called to do what they are doing instead of trying to copy a formula or replicate another online leaders methods
- Her vision/goal is to empower people to realize that they are uniquely called to do their work in only a way that only they can do it
- In 2022 the most important strategy for any business will be to articulate how and why they are different
What is conviction marketing, and how can we use it?
“You wouldn’t have started your business if you didn’t believe that there was space for things to be better.” – Kelly Roach
- She was seeing people signing up for products, programs, and masterminds and trying to replicate what they were seeing in the market, then becoming really unsatisfied with the result
- We must have a sense of conviction around what we are doing, why we are doing it and why we believe it to our core
- We want to protect ourselves from failure, and prevent ourselves from making mistakes
- What happens is that people start to lose their own identity
- Conviction marketing is about rediscovering who you are, and getting grounded about the thing that people will associate your name with
- We start falling for the trap of being like everyone else, and trying to avoid failure
- There is no right way, just the right way for you
- Conviction marketing is about having a long range vision for what you are here to create in the world and how you are going to show up differently
- Conviction marketing flows from your message to your content, into the way you design your program to fill a gap, to the way you serve in your program, into the way you create a client for life
- Conviction marketing is a gateway to creating this legacy brand where your reputation precedes you
- You have to dial in what you believe; it’s not enough to say what you do
“Our businesses are as unique as we are; so the way I build my business that brings me fulfillment will feel absolutely miserable to someone else, and vice versa.” – Kelly Roach
What are some tangible steps someone can take to begin this journey?
- Take some time to articulate where the gaps in operations are that could be better
- How can you articulate your beliefs around these gaps?
- Paint a compelling picture of what it could look like in the future for people
- Build an emotional connection to what they are struggling with, and what it will be like when you fill those gaps
- Do the work. What keeps you in the game long term is delivering results for your clients
- Name it, frame it, claim it
- Name it: write down your methodology
- Frame it : make it feel tangible
- Claim it: put your name on it
- Be the best at what you do. Care more about the results your clients get than anyone else in the market does
Other Wisdom from Kelly
- When she created her Live Launch method, they launched the same message to market for 3.5 years
- She named, it framed it, claimed it, and stayed focused on what her convictions were in the market and what she was doing about it
- Don’t need to feel like you need to keep up; there is much more power in the consistency of owning your convictions and being clear on what you are here to do
Connect with Kelly
Business strategist Kelly Roach transforms overworked entrepreneurs into seven and eight-figure CEOs by teaching them how to leverage timeless business principles employed by billion-dollar corporations and combining them with the most powerful online marketing strategies of today. Before starting her own company, Kelly spent years in corporate America, rising through the ranks of a Fortune 500 to become the youngest SVP in the company. During her time in corporate, Kelly led a team of over 100 to record-breaking sales, even during the economic downturn of 2008-2010. Kelly is now the CEO of one of just a handful of 8-figure, female-founded companies in the online space. The Unstoppable Entrepreneur is not only the fastest growing coaching program on the market, but it disrupted the online coaching space, and is truly the first of its kind. Her no-nonsense approach has been responsible for hundreds of clients finding financial freedom and building generational wealth through entrepreneurship. Kelly is also the creator of the Live Launch Method which has helped countless entrepreneurs create 6 and 7-figure leaps in revenue, time and time again. Kelly is not only a best-selling author but is also an ongoing expert on ABC, NBC, Fox, and The CW. She has been featured in some of the world’s leading publications, including Business Insider, Inc., Authority Magazine, and Forbes, and is the host of the Top 10 Marketing podcast, The Kelly Roach Show. Kelly is committed to ongoing philanthropic work, with a 1:1 business model and her Human Family Foundation. In addition to running Kelly Roach Coaching, Kelly is the co-founder of The Courageous Brand, The Advance, and Social Sellers Academy.
Weekly Ops Activity
Share your best take away in our Facebook group!
Join the Ops Insiders Facebook Community:
Other Ways to Connect with Me: