Are you curious about the Director of Operations certification program? Do you wonder how those who have gone through the program are applying all they’ve learned?
Learn how Cherline Pierre Johnson has leveraged and integrated the information that she learned into her business and her life. This is a look into the before and after the Director of Operations (DOO) certification program.
Director of Operations Certification program applications are open! We are doing less cohorts this year so make sure you apply soon!
What led you to where you are today?
- After graduating college, she was primed to go into finance but after 2008 she landed in the federal sector in finance and accounting, then later leadership and project management
- She got her PMP and her Six Sigma green belt, and moved up very quickly until she hit the ceiling and couldn’t move up any more
- She was upset when she didn’t get a positioned that she deserved, and went to God in prayer… and was reminded of where her identity was and then she decided to follow what she felt called to: entrepreneurship
- She was on a mission to figure out how she could be of greater service, and she found The Scope Creep Solution… it aligned with her, and signed up for the DOO certification program.
In your transition from finance to project management did you see a similar skill set between those two disciplines?
- Yes; an analytical skill set that allowed her to break things down and reverse engineer
- An ability to think things through and ask questions
What are a few things that stuck out to you that you were able to apply to your own business?
- She looked at the program from 3 different perspectives and implemented it in 3 different ways
- Working in a high level in someone else’s business
- Her own business
- Applied it to her federal job
What are you doing today after going through the program?
- She realized that her calling is not to be a DOO
- Instead, she serves as a coach, teacher, and facilitator to those who want to build businesses and prepare them for a rockstar a DOO
- Helps one on one service providers build and grow a business using an agency model focused on profitability
“We build businesses to match the person.” – Natalie Gingrich
“You gave me permission to run my business… in a way that makes sense to me.” – Cherline Pierre Johnson
What she found valuable in the DOO certification program:
- The community: she found friends and accountability partners
- The coaching solidified her skill sets, gifts and talents
- Clarity and confidence that she has options
“It gave me the clarity and confidence to know that if I decide at any time to leave my job… I have options.”- Cherline Pierre Johnson
Tell us about your ROI
- She made 4x her ROI over 6 months
- She took action even if she was uncomfortable
- She trusted her coaches and did what they told her to do
“Action creates confidence, and confidence creates cash.” – Natalie Gingrich
If someone is on the fence, what would you tell them?
- It’s easy to try to do it on your own, but that’s not realistic because if you believe that your calling is bigger than you, then you can’t do it on your own
- This gives you the space and the permission to figure things out while you are going through the journey
- You will find something that resonates with you that will highlight your calling
- You have to be willing to do the work
“Your purpose is too great for you to do it on your own.” – Cherline Pierre Johnson
Connect with Cherline:
About Cherline Pierre Johnson
Texas resident by way of the sunny beaches of Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Cherline is a wife, mom of 3, daughter of Haitian immigrant parents, graduate of an HBCU, business strategist and coach, agency owner, and gets her fuel from showing up in excellence for those she serves. As a certified Lean Six Sigma Greenbelt and a PMP, Cherline understands the importance of lean operations, lean teams, lean processes, and project management which has allowed her to manage approx. $1 billion dollars in contracts during her 12 year corporate career and build an online Done-For-You Agency for visionary entrepreneurs all at the same time. As the founder and CEO of BOSSBuilding Your Way, Cherline operates her business based on her values and convictions, which has allowed her to coach 60+ working professionals into entrepreneurship since taking the leap of faith to accept her assignment as an entrepreneur herself in late 2020. Wearing her Director of Operations hat, Cherline is on a mission to help professional 1:1 Done-For-You service providers move to a different level of excellence by leveraging an Agency business model that allows for growth and service at a greater capacity. For her it’s all about thinking differently about business, operating based on one’s values and convictions, and creating competition that forces creativity to disrupt the status quo in the marketplace.
Weekly Ops Activity
What is your takeaway from Cherline? Share it in the FB group!
Join the Ops Insiders Facebook Community:
Other Ways to Connect with Me: