Are you struggling with getting in front of the right clients? Could your visibility game use some strategy?
Today, I’m speaking with my longtime friend Amanda Berlin about visibility for high ticket, high value services.
Amanda Berlin is a visibility and business consultant for entrepreneurs. She works with clients on holistic visibility to help them grow their business and impact, based on tactics employed during her 12 years in the corporate PR world guiding strategy for major brands. Amanda and her clients have been featured in all types of media — from Business Insider to Entrepreneur on Fire and WNYW Fox 5 to Bustle.com. She’s the host of The Empowered Publicity Podcast and loves arming soul-powered business owners with the ideas and skill-set they need to go from hidden industry gems to recognizable trusted experts.
What are some tactics we can use to move our business forward from a visibility perspective
- Visibility means being seen on behalf of your business, being known, i.e. marketing
- Visibility is the answer to the misery of feeling unknown
- Public Relations (PR) means creating a relationship with your public; it’s organic and it’s earned opportunities
- PR is not only just media… as service providers media is not the way
- PR doesn’t require you to have a huge budget to buy ads or buy your way onto a stage
“PR indicates that you’ve earned opportunities.” – Amanda Berlin
What are some tactics to find your most ideal client?
- Her framework for visibility has 3 pillars:
- Collaboration & alliances: your strategic partnerships: who speaks to your audience already and how can they connect you?
- Speaking and events: how are you able to get in front of an audience as an expert?
- Media: it validates your business, though it is not good at sending ideal clients your way
When starting your business, do you think it is smart to start with strategic partnerships?
- Yes, a starter visibility strategy is to start with people who you can readily interact with and tell them what you are up to? Do they know anyone who it makes sense to connect with?
- Who are the professionals who are serving the same people you want to serve? This will establish trust more quickly
“Have you told everyone you know what you are doing and how you can help?” – Amanda Berlin
Where do referral networks come into the strategic partnership circle?
- Her goal is to always be of service, so if she can point you in the direction of someone who can serve you, then that is a degree of service
- She doesn’t want to take on something that is not in her genius zone
- It is a gesture of recognizing that there is abundance
How do you get opportunities to speak in front of different audiences?
- This is the intersection of strategic partnerships and speaking
- She coaches her clients to pursue this tactic through strategic partnerships
- Start with relationship building: create, nurture, and don’t give up
“There are a lot of ways to build and create your own stage.” – Natalie Gingrich
“This is a moment to guide them to what they need to do and why they need to do it, but not about how to do it because that’s why they need you.” – Amanda Berlin
- Claim Your Voice is her summit that is coming up on Feb 17th & 18th, 2022
- Summits are hugely powerful and blur the lines between collaboration and speaking
- She wanted to do something that would expand her reach and her audience
- She suggests a summit, then looks for what the reaction is because it’s not going to resonate just because she told her client to do it; they have to find a way to execute on the tactics that feel right to them
What is the right kind of media for The Ops Authority or DOOs in general?
- Media is dispensable for someone operating a high ticket service oriented business because you really only need a handful of great clients
- This type of visibility is time consuming
- Would rather that you put energy into making great connections or demonstrating expert status through speaking, etc.
- If you are going to focus on media, focus on podcasts because they have cultivated an audience that would be valuable to you
“As we grow our platforms it means that we can hoist other people onto platforms they have been denied in the past.” – Amanda Berlin
Weekly Ops Activity
Identify 3-5 strategic partnerships that have our ideal audience, then share in the Facebook group.
Connect with Amanda:
Join the Ops Insiders Facebook Community:
Other Ways to Connect with Me: