Are you curious about project based work, but unsure where to start? Does the idea of expanding beyond retainer work intrigue you?
Today I’m talking with my friend Jordan Gill, who is joining us to discuss pivoting. Where you start today is not necessarily where you will be a year from now or 3 years in the future. The reality is that there is always going to be a change.
“You’re not selling out because you are changing something, you are up-leveling every single time.” – Natalie Gingrich
Jordan Gill, operations consultant and founder of Systems Saved Me, helps burned-out service providers replace their monthly retainers with virtual VIP Days. Her program Done In a Day™ has supported over 270 students create and selling their first VIP Days. She also has a podcast called Systems Saved Me with over 300 episodes all about how business owners navigate success with systems – of course! She currently lives in Dallas TX with her cavapoo Vivienne and collection of 1,000 piece jigsaw puzzles.
Jordans Career Path
- Started her business in 2016 working in systems operations and curriculum development on retainers
- After 5 months on retainers, she decided it was not for her and started to let clients go
- She wanted to find something in which she could sit down and knock the work out, and discovered VIP days
- Spent 3 years doing VIP days as her main source of revenue
What does the back side of your business look like in regard to operations?
- Operations is the function and logistics of every area of the business
- Her team is small: project manager, systems coordinator (tech), and an ops coordinator
- Has an annual flow
- Q1 & Q3 are heavy on growth
- Q2 & Q4 are heavy on delivery & operations
- Does 2 virtual (launch) events every year
“The constant growth is where people burn out.” – Jordan Gill
- A four figure offering that lasts between 3-8 hours leading your clients through a transformation process
- Can serve as a qualifying offer, which is a way to work with a client and see if you like working with them. Then you are in a better position to decide if you want to work with them on a long(er) term basis
- The Strategic Mapping™ model is a great example of a VIP day offer
The Benefits of the VIP Offer
- It allows you to take control back over your calendar
- It has natural boundaries that you don’t have to continually remind your client of
- You get paid up front for VIP Days
- You get an extra ounce of expertise and authority
- The client doesn’t have to manage an extra employee
“[The VIP day offer] is going to have the natural boundaries that you get to set in order to be successful.”
Done In A Day™ Virtual Conference
- Two day live virtual conference on March 7th & 8th, with 26 different speakers offering a wide array of VIP day types
- For people who are currently offering VIP days and want additional tips and strategies
- Also for those who are VIP curious
Weekly Ops Activity
Sign up for Done In A Day Virtual Conference.
Join the Ops Insiders Facebook Community:
Other Ways to Connect with Me: