How can you put the skills you learn in the Director of Operations (DOO) certification program to use right away? How quickly can you get a return on your investment?
Today Kerystyn Williams shares her experience in the Director of Operations certification program, her successes, and some of the thoughts and processes that she went through inside of the program.
Kerystyn is a Certified Director of Operations who is dedicated to helping women-owned service-based businesses create streamlined systems, repeatable processes & growth-focused strategies so they can run their business with more ease, more efficiency, & less effort. She believes freedom is a side-effect of structure and she helps visionaries develop the strategy, systems & support they need to truly step into their CEO role & finally take a vacation (or even just a break) without their bottom-line, clients, or team suffering.
How did you sell your first Strategic Mapping Model™ session?
- She reached out to past clients
- She had run the strategic mapping model in her own business and felt it was really powerful
- Sold 6 Strategic Mapping Model™ sessions in the 6 months that she went through the program
“I had been trying to develop a strategic planning offer in my business, so going through the certification and learning about the Strategic Mapping Model™ really helped me formulate the idea I already had and made it cohesive.”
How did you convert your Strategic Mapping Model™ clients into retainer clients?
- Once she got a really good look into their business and what their goals were, she was able to pinpoint how to help them specifically
- Meeting them where they were at, and proposed how she could get them to their goals and the steps she would use to get them there
- Also did project planning where she would outline the action steps they need to get to their goal
- Has also run into situations where she did not want to work with clients after taking them through the Strategic Mapping Model™ process
What was your background before coming through the DOO certification program?
- Had been in business for 2.5 years starting out as a tech VA
- Went through an OBM certification
- Realized she really liked working as a strategist, and joined the DOO certification program
Was there anything that slowed you down when considering the DOO program?
- Had her second child in June before starting the program, and shut down her business during that time
- Felt like she was starting from scratch and it was a big investment, so she was hesitant because she didn’t have steady clients
- Was doing some subcontracting work for an OBM agency and the owner was DOO certified, which gave her the confidence that it was the right move
Any advice for those considering the program?
- Go for it! You won’t regret it.
- She has experienced so much growth and confidence, and has tripled her monthly revenue
- You will learn the leadership and soft skills but also the practical skills to apply to your business in a way that feels good
“It’s the best thing I’ve done for my business… I have never walked out of a program and felt so sure of my return on investment.”
What does success look like at this point?
- Building out the consulting piece of her business
- Has transitioned into a full time employee position with a current client
How will you market yourself moving forward?
- She struggles with marketing
- She is planning on focusing on strategic mapping which will open up additional ways she can work with clients
Connect with Kerystyn:
Weekly Ops Activity
What was your biggest takeaway from Kerystyn? Share in the Facebook group!
Join the Ops Insiders Facebook Community:
Other Ways to Connect with Me: