What are some of the frequently asked questions about the Director of Operations (DOO) certification program?
Today we are introducing a new series that will be super enlightening for where you are in your journey, called The DOO Download. It is perfect for people who are interested in becoming a DOO, and has good information for any operator, no matter what stage you are in. This series is co-hosted by our Director of Coaching, Amy Lockrin, and in it you will get the wisdom of two DOOs on common questions that pop up in our community.
If you have questions that you would like answered, contact us at email@example.com
The DOO Download
I am joined by Amy Lockrin, the Director of Coaching at The Ops Authority. She supports the women as they go through the DOO program, as well as the delivery staff.
She has been in the online operations space for over five years, and is passionate about everything that we do as Directors of Operations.
Lets get started…
How much time should I take to focus on my business while balancing client work?
- There is always a constant balance
- Ask yourself what you should do weekly
- Start with 1 day/week
- Carve time out and make yourself a priority
- Might need to try different ways to arrange the time you focus on your business if a full dedicated day doesn’t suit you
- Find your peers/friends and set up a co-working time
I had to take a break from client work. How do I get back in the game?
- Most of us just need a few good clients because of our specialized skill set
- Start having conversations
- Reverse engineer what it takes to get someone on a call
- What are the activities you need to do to get them on the phone?
- During a break, make sure to manage expectations
- Communicate as clearly as possible to your clients so that there is a possibility for you to work together again
- Don’t burn any bridges
- Remember that you know how to do this; you have done this before
- You will have confidence based on what you’ve already learned from building your business up the first time (and you also know what didn’t work)
“The easiest way to get somebody as a client is to talk to them” – Natalie Gingrich
“Sometimes we have a hard time seeing our strengths, and it’s great to have a group of women who understand what our expertise is”
Don’t forget to send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more info on the DOO certification program, visit directorofops.com.
Weekly Ops Activity
What is your takeaway from this episode? Let us know in the Facebook Group.
Join the Ops Insiders Facebook Community:
Other Ways to Connect with Me: