How does your brand identity serve your business?
Today we are talking about something that is not necessarily operations focused, but if you are building a business, then building your visual brand has to be a large component as you are getting started. We are going to talk about the importance of a visual brand as a service provider, including what you need, and how it will expand as you have more success and growth in your business.
Lyrik and Traci Szemekus are a mother-daughter duo who are experts in this subject, who have done this for themselves and helped others in our community. They also recently joined us at our Growth Getters Live Event.
Meet Lyrik and Traci
Lyrik is the CEO & co-founder of WorkPlay branding. She’s helped to triple revenue over the course of 3 years and build WorkPlay into a household name before the age of 25. She first got her start in online branding & marketing when she landed a social media branding job for an E! Reality TV series in Miami at just 18 and she’s on a mission to create a product that is high-touch, custom but highly accessible for all business owners.
Traci Szemkus has changed the way thousands of professionals across the world think about business systems, tech, media and everything in between. As an entrepreneur, doctor, systems architect, small business coach, designer and cofounder of WorkPlay Branding, Dr.Traci Szemkus has taught professional skills to thousands of audience members in The United States, Canada, Mexico, Middle East and Europe.
What is the importance of visual branding today?
- [Lyrik] Visual branding is so psychologically based
- They way people view you is how you are getting results
- When it comes to “branding”, color palettes and logos are foundational, but they don’t bring anything to life
- You need the visual content to bring the brand to life
- It’s really hard to have a huge marketing plan without any branded visual content
“The brand is the catalyst for the content… the content is then the catalyst for the marketing… and the marketing is the catalyst for the sales.” – Lyrik
- When you put out content without any visual brand people will pass it by because the standard of quality of content is so high
“The visual always comes before the marketing” – Lyrik
- [Traci] Your audience needs to see themselves inside your process or service before they even approach you
- You can show so much more than you can say, with impact
- [Lyrik] Think about how you are showing up after you have those visuals done; you are now showing up as an authority
“When they [clients] get those first brand shots back, something unlocks in them and it unlocks creativity they never knew they had.” -Traci
What does the WorkPlay method look like?
- The WorkPlay method consists of quarterly content creation shoots for your marketing needs
- It is designed from a business perspective which is very different than going to your local photographer
- We define your brand identity, and if you don’t have that we help create and refine it with you because we need that foundation in order to create your content stylistically
- We look at your marketing for the quarter, and what campaigns you have coming up, and get the shots that support them
- We create the content with you, using photo or video
- We will travel anywhere in the US and are expanding to Europe
- You get all of the content back in 7 business days
- Between 600-1000 custom edited photos, or
- Between 130-150 custom edited B-roll videos
- We give you everything and you favorite what you love
- We will bring your brand to life in a way that is true to you, so that people will be able to recognize you
- The last step is to launch, and included is complimentary feed planning
- Taking branded social media graphics plus the content we created for you and putting it together in a 3 month feed planner
- You can write in your captions under each post then we schedule it in your 3rd party app and it gets launched for you automatically
- The investment is super affordable at $497/month
- It is a one year commitment that allows us to go really deep with your brand, and also holds you accountable to think about your visuals in a deeper way
“I love the flexibility of being able to be myself and then having so many multiple uses of this photo and video… the process is really awesome.” – Natalie Gingrich
Weekly Ops Activity
What is your biggest takeaway from this episode? Make sure to share it with us in the Facebook group!
Connect with WorkPlay
Join the Ops Insiders Facebook Community:
Other Ways to Connect with Me: