Do you need clients? With this shifting market, I’m sharing ways that you can land clients now! I’m giving you several tips that you can use to push forward and land clients even with a changing economy.
Do this if you need clients now
Recognize Market Volatility
- As service providers, we must recognize that some markets are less volatile than others, and these are the ones we should consider serving.
- Look to serve a less volatile market such as education or health. The medical field and educational field are currently the strongest markets.
- When looking at these two markets, what are some areas that you would have interest in? What can you do to serve that audience?
Set Concrete Goals
- Set measurable goals such as booking at least 3 calls every week with potential clients.
- Develop processes to help you achieve these goals.
Engage in Local Networking
- Attend local community events to network with potential clients locally.
- Attending events in your community can lead to new opportunities that you might not find online alone.
- Build trust and rapport with face-to-face interaction.
Reconnect with Former Clients
- Don’t overlook the potential of your existing network, especially former clients. Reach out to previous clients to potentially rekindle professional relationships.
- This is also a great time to reevaluate your service offers. Ask yourself if what you’re offering aligns with the current economic situation. A retainer-based model can be very appealing as it provides clients with ongoing support and shows clients that you likely plan to have a long-term partnership with them.
- Be open to the idea of seeking employment if securing clients becomes too challenging.
- Explore the job market for stable opportunities that can provide security in uncertain times.
Embrace Adaptability and Proactivity
- Adapt your strategies to align with the evolving needs of the market.
- Be proactive in your approach to networking and offering relevant services.
- By being adaptable, strategically networking, and aligning your services with the needs of the market, you can take proactive steps towards success.
The path to securing clients is not always straightforward, but with the right approach and mindset, you can navigate the current market with confidence.
I hope these tips help you adjust your approach to thrive if you are needing clients. Listen to the full episode for a more in depth review and check out The Ops Insiders Facebook group to join the discussion. Let’s support each other as we navigate new challenges and opportunities!
“You’ve got two sides of business. The front side being marketing, the backside being operations. Your gifts and skills in operations have a place.” -Natalie Gingrich
Weekly Ops Activity
Of the options that I shared with you today, what is the one thing that you’re going to commit to for the next 30 days to secure new clients? Share it with us in the Facebook group!
Thinking about becoming a Director of Operations? Check out the OBM to DOO exclusive podcast series!
Join the Ops Insiders Facebook Community:
Other Ways to Connect with Me:
Brought to you by the HubSpot Podcast Network