Do you have a background in HR and an interest in operations? Are you unsure how the two fit together?
Today on the podcast I am joined by Kimone Napier, one of my expert Director of Operations (DOO) coaches in the area of HR and hiring. Kimone has a corporate background and she built her business around her HR expertise.
Kimone is a hiring expert and the CEO of The Lean Process Strategist. She partners with service minded entrepreneurs to optimize their businesses using strong people leadership and strategic input. She has several years of experience working with senior leaders and entrepreneurs by providing strategy and HR support. Kimone helps entrepreneurs grow their teams with intention, reduce their overwhelm, and attract high quality candidates. Kimone’s goal is to customize a solution to help you scale your business and to become the visionary leader that you crave to be.
Meet Kimone Napier
- She started her career working in operations & HR, in both the government space and corporate in New York City
- Started to want some more freedom and flexibility in her lifestyle around 2017
- Jumped into the online space and found Natalie’s Director of Operations Certification Program which has provided a wealth of abundance for her and her family
- Currently serves CEOs in an HR and operations capacity
When you left corporate for entrepreneurship, what did you think you would be doing?
- Initially she had a hard time envisioning how to do this type of work
- She wanted to leverage her skills in the online space, but lacked the structure
- Started by providing operations and administrative support but knew she could offer more
- Knew she had a refined skill set, just needed structure and a way to market herself, which is where the DOO certification piece fit
How do you make money today?
- Has niched down into 3 different offers:
- Hiring: helping CEOs and visionaries hire with intention and onboard team members in the right capacity
- DOO services
- Strategic mapping for visionary leaders to get an understanding of their business plans
“When you are able to partner with somebody and bring them a solution that can forever change their personal life and their profits, that is ultimate fulfillment” — Natalie Gingrich
As a hiring/HR expert, can you share some key takeaways?
There are 3 key areas to consider when hiring:
- Identify your mission: why are you doing what you do in your business?
- Know where your company is going: you can hire for the most immediate need, but if there are changes it is likely that the relationship with your hire is going to change.
- Know your core values: Your values and the values of your candidate need to align otherwise there will be a disconnect. If they don’t… the relationship is not going to work.
“You want to hire with intention to find a more long term fit for your business especially as it’s growing.” — Kimone Napier
“If you only hire for the gap you have right now, you are not serving your future self.” –Natalie Gingrich
What is your experience with hiring in regards to identifying values?
- Leaders don’t have the time to dive into hiring the way they need to
- They are pulled in too many directions, and end up focusing on marketing themselves, sales, visibility, interviews, etc.
- When they do decide to hire they often go about it by posting on social media, and are then inundated with DMs which only adds to the stress
The Director of Operations Certification Program follows a blueprint similar to an HR Business Partner. Can you speak to that?
- The DOO certification program is like a fast track to getting a skill set similar to a masters or an MBA in HR
- Helps propel you forward in this area because the content benefits you in the areas of HR, financials, and operations
- Has her masters, but values the certification because it is the fast track in terms of knowledge as applied to the HR discipline
Can you share what the DOO certification has done for you?
- The certification helped her find what she was looking for in terms of family, home, and business
- Helped her align offers, strengths, and goals to leverage everything she wanted to bring to the table
- Created an abundant lifestyle in terms of the type of clients she gets, and the type of freedom she has
- Given her time to relax, slow down, and enjoy life
If you are looking for a transformation and you have the skill set of project management, financials or HR, I would highly recommend you to look into the DOO certification program.
Connect with Kimone
Weekly Ops Activity
Ask one of your leaders to identify their core values. Then, come on over to the Facebook group, and post on the thread what their values are. I also challenge you to identify yours, so you can compare!
Join the Ops Insiders Facebook Community:
Other Ways to Connect with Me: