Are you thinking about becoming a certified Director of Operations, but still having some doubts? Are you struggling with mindset issues?
Today we have a very special guest who has come through the Director of Operations (DOO) certification program. Alexia Bustios is joining us to talk about mindset and some of the doubts and fears you might be struggling with.
Alexia is the co-owner of Showtime Online Business Management and a certified DOO. She works mostly with retainer clients, but may be shifting to an agency model in the future.
Alexia started out in real estate, and landed in event planning as a project manager, traveling to put on large events for over 8 years. She was feeling burnt out on all of the travel and was looking to make a change. She slowly started to look into how she could pivot to online business when the pandemic hit and one of her big events was shut down. At that point, she had no choice but to pivot to the online business space.
What attracted you to the DOO certification?
- She thought she would be back to work in 3 months, so she decided to take that time to work on her business model.
- She hired a business coach and got to work.
- After several months of not being able to work her main job, her bank account was dwindling and she was getting nervous.
- Her business coach did an interview with Natalie, which was her introduction to the DOO certification program.
- She joined the Scope Creep Solution and felt understood, like the program would help her address what she really wanted to do.
- She couldn’t figure out where she fit, and this program would help her gain clarity.
Once you became aware of the program, what convinced you that this was right for you?
- Really wanted to join the program, but felt stuck because money was tight.
- Had several limiting beliefs:
- Didn’t quite believe that she could charge a lot of money since she was new to the online space.
- Since she was new to online business, she thought she had no place being a DOO for someone else’s business.
- Some of her clients have been in business longer than she has been alive, and she thought “Who am I to come in and tell them how to run their business?”
- She thought she had to be a 6 figure company in order for her ideal client to want to hire her.
“Sometimes we feel like we have to suffer in order to be paid a certain amount of money, and we can’t just do what comes easy to us.” – Alexia Bustios
When you were coming through the program, what was the differentiator in the content?
- The Strategic Mapping Model™ allowed her to get an overall view of the company, and prove that she knows what she is talking about.
- KPIs and metrics; how and what she needs to measure. She ended up feeling super confident providing a company with a picture of the health of their business.
Tell us about your successes. What does your business look like today?
- A couple of months into the program she got her first and second retainer clients and felt like she made the right decision.
- She felt validated that she could actually do the job.
- Was able to pay off the program by the 3rd month.
- Has doubled her annual income.
“The tools that the DOO program gave me set me on a trajectory of success that I have only dreamed of before.” – Alexia Bustios
Has the quality of your clients changed?
- Has definitely seen a shift in mindset regarding needing to work with vs. wanting to work with someone.
- Being able to walk away from a client that doesn’t fit has been huge for her quality of life.
“If it doesn’t bring me joy or it doesn’t bring me peace, I want the option to say no.”- Alexia Bustios
What advice would you give someone on the fence?
- Don’t sit on the fence!
- If you have a mindset block or fear, call it out. Reach out to the DOO community.
- Everyone in the community is more than willing to share their experiences.
If you like what you heard today and think this program is for you, apply now!
Connect with Alexia
With more than 8 years of business experience, Alexia has managed projects for national brand name corporations for just about any industry you can think of , where her main focus was on client experience. After her success traveling the country to work with some of the biggest brand names known, Alexia has followed her passion to help other business owners and brands make a bigger impact in the world. As the Co-Owner of Showtime Online Business Management and a certified Director of Operations she partners with business owners and their teams to bring strategy and expertise to their operations and team life.
Join the Ops Insiders Facebook Community:
Other Ways to Connect with Me: